la cuillère fantôme en chocolat ou chocolat chaud du fantôme
(ghostly chocolate spoon a/k/a ghostly hot chocolate)
what you need:
1 hard candy mold
4 lollipop sticks or skewers
1/8 inch ribbon or kitchen twine, as needed
wax paper, cut into 4 sheets of 7 x 7 inch squares
parchment paper, cut into 4 sheets of 7 x 7 inch squares
- Make Molds. In a bain marie or double broiler, melt the chocolate. Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the mold (there will be 1-2 tablespoons of melted chocolate left. Leave it in the bowl for later). Place sticks in candy mold. The chocolate should firm up at room temperature; however, if it is not completely set, place the mold in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes (but make sure it is not too humid).
- Make Ghosts. Once set, dislodge the chocolate semi-circles from the molds. Using the extra melted chocolate from the bowl, brush a little melted chocolate on the flat side of 4 of the chocolate semi-balls. Press the halves (one should have a stick) together. Set aside the chocolate balls allowing the binding chocolate to firm up (you may want to return the balls to the refrigerator for another 5-10 minutes).
- Marshmallows (optional). If your little goblin likes marshmallows, use kitchen shears to cut mini-marshmallows into smaller pieces. If the marshmallows are sticking together, use a little powdered sugar to coat your hands and separate the marshmallow pieces. Brush melted chocolate on the outside of the chocolate balls and adhere the marshmallows. Return to refrigerator (if necessary) to set the marshmallows
- Wrap & Tie. Cut four 7 x 7 inch squares from the wax paper and parchment paper. You can draw eyes and a mouth on the parchment paper using a marker. Wrap one square of the wax paper around a chocolate ball and lay one square of parchment paper over that. Secure the paper with ribbon or twine by tying it at the base of the chocolate ball and around the stick. You now have a ghost.
- Serve. Heat Milk on the stove by bringing to a scald. Pour 6 ounces of milk in each mug. Serve with the ghost spoon. Stir the chocolate ghost (unwrapped) in the hot milk until dissolved.