fresh mâche tarragon salad
what you need:
1 small head butter lettuce
4 cups of mâche
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons nut oil (hazelnut, almond, or walnut)
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- Combine Greens. Leaf lettuce, tear into 2 inch pieces, and wash with mâche. Dry well. Mince tarragon and parsley. Toss with greens.
- Acid. Place red wine vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Oil. Whisk in oils. Add shallots
- Adjust Seasoning. Add cumin and fleur de sel to taste.
- Dress Greens. Slowly incorporate the dressing into the greens.
- Serve. Serve immediately.